Sunday, May 2, 2010


Washing suede in the washing machine.
Can a dead lamb take a bath?

One of my neighbors threw out this nice suede jacket.
It is just my size. However it had these white marks on it near the lapel and a strange smell. I did a search on the net and almost everyone said you must have it cleaned professionally. I don't want to pay $20 for a free jacket. A few people online said you can wash it in the washer on the delicate cycle. Well hey! Why not try. The worst that can happen is I will toss it back into the recycle bin.


I turned it inside out and zipped it up. I put it in the washer with a blanket to make the washing more delicate. Tossed in some detergent and turned on the machine. Regular wash cycle.
swishy swashy, splosh splosh, gurgle slop, rur rur, swishy swashy, splosh splosh, gurgle slop, rur rur, swishy swashy, splosh splosh, gurgle slop, rur rur, swishy swashy, splosh splosh, gurgle slop, rur rur, swishy swashy, splosh splosh, gurgle slop, rur rur, swishy swashy, splosh splosh, gurgle slop, rur rur,



Here is the jacket as it came out of the washer. It looked fine. I hung it up to dry.












Once it was dry It still looked fine. The spots were gone as well as the smell. If my neighbor sees me in the jacket and says, "Hey that's mine." I'll say,"Yours had some white chalk marks on it and a weird smell. Your wife threw yours out last month."

So: Can I bleach this stuff to make it lighter?
Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment